Dates: September 11th (FULL) or October 9th (FULL)
In Ayurveda, we consider the digestive fire to be the King of healthcare. We consider that if you have the ability to take what comes to you, be it events, people or food, break it down and absorb the experience well, or ignore it if you think it's not in line with your state of being, then you are master of your experience - you don't get taken along for the ride.
The bigger picture of having a healthy gut is to have a strong gut reaction. When emotions overtake us, or our intellect thinks it knows better than our body, our gut reactions starts to weaken. We start to get used to avoiding foods and experiences in life, in order to placate the situation. Food becomes uneventful and clinical, not a place of enjoyment and contentment. It becomes a place of fear but especially a fear of ourselves - we don't trust our body to look after us anymore. We don't trust our choices.
So we say, in response to this sad phenomenon that seems to be getting worse, there needs to be a revolution in how we treat our digestion, on how we actively take care of it on a daily and seasonal basis. Sometimes, no matter what supplements you take, the fact that there are so many toxins lodged into the channels, it may obstruct the effect of those supplements.
We are fans of doing a mini cleanse at the junction of the year, in Autumn and in Spring time. It you choose to do a cleanse at other times of the year it must be highly supervised and there must be absolute minimal activity. The reason is that Summer and Winter are extreme times of the year when the body is either accumulating heat or cold and the immunity may not be the strongest at this point to "let go" it is not highly advised unless in a hospital setting.
So the junctions of Autumn and Spring are the times of preparing for the season ahead. We believing in clearing the Summer heat and the Winter cold. If you have been eating according to your body type and the season and adjusting your activities accordingly, with healthy elimination patterns and have a generally good state of mind, I say you might transition well. If you have accumulated anger in the summer, depression/melancholy in the winter, eating too much for your digestive to handle, incompatible foods and eating at the wrong times of day with irregular sleep habits, then a cleanse can help to reset the system and avoid being ill for an extended period of time.
In the cleanse I offer, I not only work with the body but also the mind and the aspect of desires. The reason the cleanse workshops create such an immense change in the framework of the body is because of this reason. The mind needs a recharge too, and being still and spending time in contemplation will bring up the old unresolved emotions that need a clear out. It's not necessarily easy work, but better out than in.
Here's what to expect -
- You get a mini consultation, where I look at what your habits currently are, where your heart and mind are and what you want to achieve. I then create an individualised program that creates your day according to how I see you will achieve the best results.
- Ideally, your week has minimal activities. If you've done a cleanse before and resumed a busy life, you have effectively given your intestines a clean out of recent accumulation. You will feel good for a short while but the old stuff will come back. Being as still as possible is ideal. Any form of distractions ensure the cleanse will only be surface level, which is ok if you're starting out and wanting to take it slow but be clear on your expectations.
- Herbs are given specifically to assist the process. It's about pulling out the toxins from the deepest levels (without a specific Pancha Karma treatment) and sending it to the toilet. I do not believe in dramatic medicine, so although the stuff that comes up may be tough to deal with, the herbs given are not overly dramatic.
- It is important to attend the check ins during the week. I get to assess where you're at in person, and the group dynamic is incredibly supportive. You get to see that others are going through the same thing and you are not alone. You also get to see how things change as the herbs start to work in deep. The checks ins are also to teach you how to assess yourself, learn the questions you should be asking yourself in this cleanse and any other healthcare regime you choose to follow.
- Post purge, which means going to the toilet a few times on Day 5, we then work on building. The week following the cleanse should be tread lightly. Herbs are given to build the body or mind (whichever I consider the weaker link) and introduce the body back into a strong digestive fire, which dampened during the week as it was collecting the trash to dispose.
- If you follow the daily food habits thereafter you will feel better and better as the weeks go on. Your mind will feel clearer and your body lighter in terms of heaviness and pain. This is a reset and an opportunity to cultivate healthy habits. If you wish to continue counselling with me at this point, it can help to cement the good work you've done to date by creating permanent habits and understanding your body type to refine these habits even more.
- NOTE - This particular cleanse I will focus on Food from an Ayurvedic perspective to help you to transition into a healthy food regime post cleanse treatment. The sessions will involve a check in and information to take home to continue your well being.
The details -
- Dates: starting 11/9/2016 (FULL) OR 9/10/2016 (FULL)
- The main cleanse occurs during the first week, ends on the Saturday. There is a check in the following week with sessions on Food management in the Spring with recipes and ideas to carry you through the Spring season.
- Food and herbs included for the cleanse week.
- Includes a one hour personal consultation.
- 4 x 90 minute sessions which comprise of check ins and Understanding Food from an Ayurvedic perspective.
- On call care - I am available for stuff that comes up by phone.
- Maximum 4 people per session.
- Discounted body therapies to compliment your cleanse (optional).
- Early bird price if booked and paid before July 31st $300, thereafter $365.